Girl Power Organisation
"Girl Power Organisation is a non-profit grassroots sports entity, established in June 2014, and it's passionate about empowering minority groups and raising awareness on gender-related issues, by creating opportunities especially for women's from minority groups to get access to sports and allowing them to create their own sports experience. We do this through unconventional sports events, like Football/Soccer, Marathon, Swimming, Zumba- fitness, and cycling events.
We have more than 70 volunteers who have proficiency, and experience in using sports as a tool for empowerment in different societies, and communities.
What we do
- We offer sports instructors/ coaches, to the organizations who work for inclusion empowerment of monitories in society.
- We also offer mentors for consultancy, guidance to youth, and women from minority groups to help them in the integration program in EU.
- We host conferences, and panels, and workshops in national and international level to raise awareness, and exchange knowledge, and find solutions to the challenges that minorities are facing in different societies. The topics of the events are mostly about inclusion, empowerment, and participation of minority groups in society through sports.
- We organize and host football festivals in different asylum centers around EU, with the partnership and collaboration of different organizations who are working with minorities.
- We also offer instructors to organize and host workshops for different organizations and local schools in different EU countries on the subject of inclusion of minorities and traumatized kids and youth in school activities.
hummel A/S- Is a Danish sports goods brand, supports us with some sports equipment and goods on some occasions.
FARE.NET/ UK- The Farenetwork is an umbrella organization that brings together individuals, informal groups, and organizations are driven to combat inequality in football and use the sport as a means for social change.
Camp Group/ Germany - Is developing concepts and tools to help organizations and communities in different regions of the world overcome systemic barriers and achieve greater participation for disadvantaged groups. The goal is to contribute to sustainable social change through projects and knowledge transfer in the areas of education, sports and capacity building.
Trampoline House/ Denmark - Trampoline House is an independent community center in Copenhagen that provides refugees and asylum seekers in Denmark with a place of support, community, and purpose.
Earth Refugee/ Greece - Consisting of basic but often overlooked emergency, mitigation, adaptation, integration tools and developmental services for Refugees, within the realm of “humanitarian aid in the 21st century”, in cooperation with state authorities, international & national NGOs, Foundations, grassroots groups, individual volunteers, entrepreneurs & corporations.
Red Cross / Sandholm asylum center /Denmark - is a public institution for asylum seekers in Denmark the largest reception center for asylum seekers in Denmark. The center's daily operations are run by the Danish Red Cross. It also serves as both a receiving and departure center, for newly arrived asylum seekers, and asylum seekers who have been rejected; however, this later group will eventually be moved over to the Sjælsmark deportation camp.
Freedom seekers Football Club/ Turkey - Is based in Giresun Turkey. The club is established in 2017 by the former captain and former player of Afghanistan women's National Football team Frozan Tajali, who is a self is a refugee. The players are refugees from different wartorn countries such as Afghanistan, Irak, Iran, Syria, Somalia. There are different age groups from both genders that are registered.